For: pc, mac, linux
Miegakure is a puzzle game that lets you explore and interact with a four-dimensional world. The fourth dimension in this game works just like the first three: it is a mathematical generalization.
Your ability to move in the fourth dimensions in addition to the usual three allows you to perform miraculous feats like seeing inside closed buildings, walking through walls, stealing objects from closed containers, binding two separate rings without breaking them, etc...
These actual consequences of the mathematical formulation of 4D space have been thought about for more than a century (in the 1884 novella "Flatland" for example) but it is the first time anyone can actually perform them, thanks to the video game medium.
- Independent Games Festival, Excellence in Design 2010
- Independent Games Festival, Technical Excellence 2011
- Indiecade, Amazing Game Award / Technical Excellence 2010
- Indie Game Challence, Profesional Category Finalist 2010
- PAX East Boston Indie Showcase, Official Selection 2010
- Indiecade E3 Showcase Official Selection 2010
- GDC Experimental Gameplay Workshop Official Selection 2009
- GDC Experimental Gameplay Workshop Official Selection 2013
- Fantastic Arcade Showcase 2014 Official Selection